Ric Masten Memorial Issue
Our vision is to publish the highest quality of poetry online in succeeding issues from the many talented poets in Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties, as well as from poets anywhere with a connection to the Monterey Peninsula.
Please note that we are no longer a tax-deductible organization as before, and although we welcome donations to pay the renewal fees of about $200.00 for the website each year, our financial needs are much smaller than when we were a print publication.
The Monterey Poetrey Review is made possible by the following volunteers:
Megan Lee – Founder and Editor
John Laue – Editor
Nicole Henares – Consultant
Jennifer Lagier – Webmaster
Belen Arellano – Graphic Web Design
Learn more about us and how to submit: Click here.
NEW CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
We are accepting new submissions until August 31, 2013. Please click the above link for guidelines.
2. Tributes & Stories (prose dedicated to Ric)
- Me and the Universe, Response to letters from Ric Masten, published in the Carmel Pine, by Nancie M. Brown
- A Young Man/An Old Man - Tribute to My Friend, Co-Author & "Older Brother", from Dr. Larry Lachman
- From Bernice Rendrick
- Tribute to Ric Masten from Linda Lacey Missouri, March 3, 2008 - Here's my prose-poem I wrote and sent to Ric in his
- From Joe Malone - Reflections and Pictures
- Remembrances of Ric Masten, 1946, by Nancie M. Brown
Ric made a lasting impression on most of those who knew him. We hope this issue has imparted this sentiment to all of the readers and shared the meaningful connection and impact he had on the creative community. We welcome any comments or remembrances that this issue may have inspired for our Readers here.